Saturday, June 19, 2010

BABY #2 COMING SOON...FEB. 2011 - FATHERS DAY SURPRISE!

I found out I was pregnant June 11th, and decided I would TRY to keep it to myself, well I guess I took it a little farther than that! I assured him all week that our trying to have a baby had been unsuccesful, which he was pretty disappointed about, because I wanted it to be a Fathers Day Surpise, after all it was his very first fathers day and I wanted to make it as special as possible! We had planned on going out to eat Friday while my parents were in town to watch Jack. I had arranged with the restuarant ahead of time for them to bring out a cake I had a local baker make that was supposed to be in the shape of a bottle (although it ended up looking like a deformed tree)and on it was written "baby brush #2 coming soon...Feb. 2011" My parents, nephew, and Jack (complete in his Big Bro shirt) were waiting in the parking lot, so that when the waitress gave them the cue they could come in at the same time the cake was coming out with the camera to capture Jared's reaction! So, Jared ordered dessert and they brought out the cake and he DIDNT READ IT! He thought it was a fathers day cake!!!!!!!!! I didnt know that he didnt read it so I was thinking man, he's not acting as thrilled as I thought he'd be. About that time my mom hands Jack to Jared and I said did you read his shirt??? and when he read his shirt it all hit him! The look on his face was PRICELESS! He burst into tears, and was sooo shocked. He looked like a deer in the head lights. Anyways, needless to say we are sooooo thrilled. We feel so blessed to be expecting another little one!
Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's out there!!

JEN

No comments:

Post a Comment